Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Humbled by the strength and grace of so many of my wonderful friends
Growing up, when I imagined myself married I never imagined the blessings that I would have and how fortunate I would feel. I'm 21 and have been married almost 9 months to the man of my dreams! We have our own home, 2 snakes, a bearded dragon, and our child-dog Sammy. I never thought this is where I would be at this stage in my life and I am so grateful. I look at my friends, so many are students, young mothers, student-wives, going through those tight-budgeted but blessing filled lives and I give them props, I don't know if I could do what they are doing and have that kind of strength. They learn so much and I can just see their growth through their words. Even looking at my own family, I don't know how my mom does what she does, she is SOO good at budgeting money. Same with my Mother-in-law, she always finds a way to make more income...she is fostering kids right now, and doing a wonderful job! Don't get me wrong everyones budget is tight, with our economy and I don't want for a second for it to seem like I am boasting in any way...just trying to express my thanks and the humility I feel having such great friends who are such an example of optimism and listening to Heavenly Father's wisdom and guidance. I suppose I have a different kind of strength being married to someone in the military, he is gone 70% of the year. That means it will take 4 years of being married to be make it to 1 year of actually being together..crazy. (Well maybe a little less since he was injured and he is home...)I am grateful for all the things I do have, but also grateful to my friends who through their examples, have kept me humble. I just wanted to put that out there, now I have to go finish my homemade pot pie...mmmMMMM...I should post this recipe of mine later! Its relatively cheap to make and could feed a family of 2 or 3 for at least 2 days! Yes, I think I will start adding my recipes and other housewife/homemaking things I learn through being a newlywed :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment