Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Works of God Continue

Today was one of those days where I woke up and felt so happy and at peace. Before even getting out of bed I began to watch the movie Emma Smith, and I was in awe of her strength and faith that she had. She lost 6 of 11 children, watched her husband be persecuted and beaten time and time again, moved time and time again, and in the end lost her beloved husband Joseph to a mob. She is one marvelous woman, that I want to look up to, she is my hero. I thought I had it tough but then I look around and see so many others who struggle through rougher waters than I do. The past few years have been a struggle for me, through anger and doubt, betrayal and fear..I have found my peace and with each day I feel it growing stronger in my life, I feel my heart opening up and I feel so much hope for the future.I have found my wonderful husband who cares so much for me and never lets me doubt, constantly beating me to saying "I love you more" He has healed my heart and strengthened my testimony. I don't know what I would have done with out Heavenly Father in the past few months, for they surely have been tough. My husband was injured overseas and its been a struggle for us both and humbling for us both. He is doing remarkably well and is back up walking and running(sorta). I am going to the temple next month to receive my Endowments and for so long I was afraid that I would never be ready, but someone in my ward gave a wonderful talk that made me realize I am ready and so EXCITED!! December, my husband and I will be sealed for time and all eternity, and I can't wait for that!! I feel so wonderful today and I plan to strive ever farther to become the strong, independent, faithful woman that I know I can be. Its a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment