Thursday, November 14, 2013

One Wish

If you were given ONE wish, what would it be?
Mine? Thats easy, I would wish for my husband to be home more.
I am a Military Wife and people tell me all the time how strong I am and how they could never do what I do on a daily basis.
Maybe in ways I am strong, but it is the hardest thing in the world to go to sleep all alone and continually wake up alone. The times when he is home it is like a dream and always too short. To constantly be reminded that my other half is missing; well, some days it just plain sucks.

If I had ONE wish...it would be to have him come home every night
 (for the most part, I am okay with those short trips, he can be such a pill ;), but I love him with all my heart)
Now, why would this be my wish? 
It would be to get that hug when I am sad or scared. 
To be held, when I just need to be held. 
It would be so we could have a family sooner rather than later. 
(planning around that schedule...impossible. )
It would be to have his companionship, to have my best friend to talk to.
(Communication isn't the same when he is away)
It would be to make me laugh when I need it, to fish, to hang out with friends and go dancing without feeling like a large part of me is missing.
Its for never having to do a deployment, those are horrible.
It would be to train that annoying dog I just HAD to have...and now sometimes regret.
It would be to breath loudly at night and sometimes snore so that I wouldn't have that constant quiet.
It would be to go on vacation somewhere amazing and not just to see family..it would be a memory for just us.
It would be to have help around the house, to not be the only one so very often.
It would be for date nights every week.
It would be so that he could be there for the moments.
It would to have him home for our Anniversary, birthdays, holidays.

It is the hardest thing being a Military Wife 
Sometimes it seems absolutely crazy.
But it is worth every second of it.

It is worth the long separations for that sweet home coming kiss.
It is worth the lonely nights so that I can appreciate those nights where he won't leave me alone.
It is worth the heavy load of responsibility so that when he is home I can be thankful for all he does.
It is worth the heartache of not being a mom yet, because I know that when it happens...it will be at the perfect moment...it will be worth the wait.
It is worth the random texts and sparse conversation...because when it happens it makes my day.
It is worth that annoying dog.
It is worth the feeling of a missing piece, because he fills it and then some.
It is worth only one date night because it makes it that much more important.
It is worth the missed events, because he always finds a way to make it extra special.
It is worth no vacations because he is at least home.
Each moment is more special, time more precious, and the gratitude stronger.
It is worth every lonely minute, because HE is worth it. 
He makes me laugh, smile, cry, and sing.
He makes my world.

Yes, I hate it.

But I love him.

I am proud that he serves our Country, that he sacrifices so much to do something he loves.
I am proud of him.

That may be my one wish, but I know that one day...in the distant future maybe..I will get my wish. 
It will be amazing...but he will probably drive me crazy. ;)


1 comment: