Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Temporary Home

Little boy, 6 years old
A little too used to bein' alone.
Another new mom and dad, another school,
Another house that'll never be home.
When people ask him how he likes this place...
He looks up and says, with a smile upon his face,

"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."
 
As long as I can remember I have wanted to work with children and to make a difference in their lives, be that person they remember years down the road. I want to make a difference.
 
My MIL fosters at risk youth and absolutely loves it, she makes a difference in their lives and shows them that life can be different, that they can have a happy life. I think it is amazing and she has been my inspiration. The more I research, the more I fall in love with the prospect of fostering children.
 
I want to take that little 6 year old boy and show him a happy and loving home. Open my arms and heart to a little child and offer them a happy life for as long as I can. I feel like this is a path that the Lord wants me to take, a path that there is a reason for me to go down...maybe there is a child in need and my husband and I are the ones that will help them.
 
Should we be approved and can go ahead this blog will become a documentation of the Journey. Since I have been researching it there really isn't all that much out there. If anyone has any advice feel free to comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment