Friday, March 8, 2013

Thoughts

Its been rough lately and busy. With my kitchen being remodeled, my husband gone, dealing with having had a miscarriage, my best friend moving in a few months, and dealing with a new puppy. Can you say STRESSED?! Lets start with this, I don't know if anyone reads this and to be honest it feels like no one really cares about me anyway, with the exception of a few. I feely like this person who no one really cares about...I don't know why but I do. My previous "relationship" (can't really call it that..hence the quotations) was ridiculous...I mean yes I learned a valuable lesson but really he didn't even care about what I felt it seemed...couldn't decide if he loved me or her.

To be honest, its hard for me to really make friends. I want to, I really really do, but I am stuck. It feels like everyone who I was close to all of my "best" friends left...there is quite a list. Not always by choice, but it still happened and then I am stuck to pick myself back up and find someone new. All of them ,with the exception of my husband and a few friends, weren't much of a friend anyway...I just didn't see it until later. So it wasn't much of a loss, but at the time...it felt like my world was ending. So, its hard to make friends because every time I do I am let down, so I really do apologize if it takes me awhile...if I don't visit/call/text very often...I am terrified of losing more.

January, had a miscarriage...found out in February after having took a test and it being positive...for 5 days I got to believe that I was pregnant...then it all came crashing down when I found out that the test had just picked up the HCG left in my system. I was in the ER and was told that I wasn't pregnant anymore, after 6 hours of waiting..hoping that I was being paranoid..only to find out I wasn't. It was horrible and I took it really well. Then it sunk in...and it was gut wrenching...yes, it was an early miscarriage...but it still hurt. The hardest part was when I got the official confirmation my husband was gone, for 5 weeks and couldn't be there to hold me as I grieved. I felt like a fool and I just wanted to move on, keep trying...but I was missing a key ingredient...my husband. It isn't his fault, it is his job and I know he doesn't understand it and why women hurt so much over it, but I wish my husband had been there, was here now.

This is the truest, most honest post. I will not apologize for it. For once, I need to speak my mind instead of keeping quite and just letting myself be walked all over like a doormat. Summer of 2011 was one of those summers where I just let everyone walk all over me, use me, and treat me like trash. Enough is enough. Things are better now, but because of one thing...every part of my life changed. It changed me and how I looked at those around me...it was a big summer.

I am tired.

5 comments:

  1. I just thought you'd like to know that you have a listener. It's been a long time since we've really got together and I know for me it seemed we had hit a rough patch, but I think it was always because I was envious that you had the life I always dreamed of. You are married to a man who loves you and respects you. You live in a beautiful house and get to do all those house wife things. :) I can't tell you how much I wish that I had stayed faithful to the church and not got myself stuck in a situation very similar to the one you described (that I think I know of, yes?) where you can't tell if he loves you or her..sometimes I feel like we are only together because of our son. I get treated like im beneath him on a regular and I just wish I could show him the love of our Lord in a way he will be able to return it to me too. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I couldn't imagine. I thought I was having a miscarriage when I was 10 weeks pregnant. They put me on a "don't walk more than 20 minutes" schedule. lol I know you are so wonderful with kids, and I know that the Lord has a plan for you, and that your day is coming. Your child has already chosen you and is just waiting for the right time to bless your home. Sending prayers and love, Victoria Salmans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea Victoria. THank you for that. Get together soon?

      Delete
    2. I would love that. Let me know when you are free. :)

      Delete
    3. Pretty much everyday, you are more than welcome to come on by. Next week I am kind of stuck at home with my contractor being here...

      Delete
  2. JJ, I had no idea about & so sorry for your loss. Yes in an ideal world it would have been great to have Josh there by your side. I don't know if you knew this or not but Jonathan and his twin sister were my 9th pregnancy. One still born and seven miscarriages. I think I've heard just about every comment that can be made to a mother in grieving. From " It's your body's way of preventing a severely disabled child" to " its the Lords will". None of which helped to make me feel any better. Having my family 2000 miles away and my husband out being a dink didn't help either. You JJ are truly blessed you have the love of your life for time and eternity, a nice home, a loving family close by and your testimony of the gospel. Have you read your patriotical blessing lately? It's supposed to bring you comfort in these trying times. Keep your chin up, your knees bent, surround yourself with those who only bring out the best in you and keep your eye on the ultimate goal in life. Just be yourself JJ and you will soon be surrounded by true friends. Sometimes they are already in our lives we just don't realize it yet. Love you and miss you aunt Amandasue

    ReplyDelete